i got home last night and was in a cooking and roasting frenzy! the irishman and i have a hard time keeping up with our weekly c.s.a. delivery and since another bountiful box is coming tomorrow, there were still loads of veggies waiting for their debut in our fridge. i was roasting squash and broccoli and whipping up a black kale, bok choy and tatsoi stir fry to go over brown rice for dinner/lunch/dinner like a madwoman! so you could imagine my sorrow when searching for today’s meatless monday post, that i came across heidi’s recipe for miso sesame winter squash…suddenly my stir fry seemed so amateurish!
and considering the fact that this week’s box from underwood family farms contains the following:
1 bunch Candy Beets1 bunch Yellow Carrots1 Green Leaf Lettuce1 pound Broccoli1 Celery1 Celery Root1 bunch Italian Parsley1 Colored Cauliflower1 bunch Rainbow Chard1/2 pound Brussel Sprouts1 Green Cabbage1 basket Blueberries
- #meatlessmonday recipe: how to cook lentil soup via @bittman… (modernest.com)
- #meatlessmonday recipe: triple smoky mac & cheese and a protein lesson from @herbivoracious… (modernest.com)
- Miso Sesame Winter Squash (101cookbooks.com)
- Learn to Cook: Winter Squash (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Seasonal Eats: Butternut, the King of Winter Squash (laist.com)